Magnaflow Catted X pipe

spederman

Apr 13, 2005
Just got my X pipe via UPS today. I bought it from one of their online authorized dealers. Here is the wierd part. I assumed it would come in a box like most everything does. But All it had was some half assed bubble wrap job around just the 4 end caps that connect the rest of the exhaust. I guess its not a big deal, i mean its exhaust, its made to stand abuse since its under your car. Anybody buy one and get it in a box or do they all ship like this?

But next, there is no markings anywhere at all that i can see that say magnaflow. How the hell am i supposed to know if i got some cheap POS x pipe or a real magnaflow that i shelled out for. Plus how do i know this is the right part no for my car? Does anybody know if there is any specific markings anywhere to be able to tell?

Last, there are 2 threaded bungs (one on each side) for o2 sensors before the cats, and then just one after the cats only on one side. Isnt there supposed to be two before and two after? WTF, did i get the wrong x pipe. :mad:

Anybody that has bought this and has any insight for me would be a great help. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Cool. Yeah, i actually asked some other guys, and everybody gets there's just shipped like that also. And i found the fourth bung, it was just way at the end tip and wrapped under some bubble wrap. So it looks all good.

But, its wierd that they are not stamped like the bassani x pipes are. I wish they were, so you knew for sure that it was the real deal. Maybe i'm just too paranoid about stuff like that.

Hey guys-

I can answer your question-

It is cheaper to ship our X pipes un-boxed so many online retailers remove them from our packaging and then send them that way-

From Magnaflow, all X pipes do come in a box though-

If you would like to post pics, I can confirm that it is a Magnaflow X pipe-

Thanks-
Brent
Magnaflow Performance