Manual or power steering

I am wondering if I would be better off leaving my power steering on or if I should go with a flaming river manual steering rack. I have already deleted the ac, smog, and egr, Just wondering If this would be benificial or not. I do drive this mostly on the road and not the track. If you guys are running these racks how do you like them. Going on a 95 mustang

• Sponsors (?)

i really dont mind having a manual rack on my car at all. only time its bad is when the car is dead stopped, even if its barely moving, the wheel isnt that hard. It also gives more feel for the road. What size front tire are you planning

I have a quick ratio manual steering rack and 255/45/17 Nittos on a 9 inch rim on the front of my car. I'm not the biggest guy in the world and the manual steering isn't a problem for me. It sucks trying to get into tight parking spots when the car is moving slowly or stopped altogether. If you have skinnys up front you should be much better off. Don't be afriad of the manual steering, it is your friend :)

Manual steering on a mostly street driven car sucks. My friends 4eyes car has a manual rack and it pretty much sucks. Just my opinion though.

Oh and I think 195 should be plenty wide up front...there are vehicles with factory tires not much wider than that

Originally Posted by NikwoaC
Its one of those things that probably won't bother you until you're drinking coffee with one hand and trying to navigate the company parking lot with the other. Then you'll want to shoot yourself.

Well that doesn't happen at all. Any drinks in the car have a screw on lid.haha. Dont want them spilling in my car. In fact I don't allow food in my car either that would be a :nono:. I don't want to take a chance of it getting on anything. I don't drive the car every day either. It is more of a nice weather, no rain or snow or anything of the sort, car. Never goes out in the winter. I don't think it will be a big deal to take it out. Plus it will make it look cleaner under the hood I think with no ps line and pump:D

if it was my DD i wouldnt want a manual rack, but for my fun car, dont bother me one bit. Its business time when i get behind the wheel of the notch

hell yeah, that's what i'm talking about... i actually really like the quick ratio rack in my car, you can make really sharp turns that you normally would have to do a 3 pointer for with a regular rack

I have my powersteering rack in my car un hooked and it's not bad at all. I'm 5'7" 150LBS so not all that big of a person,I do plan to do the flamming river rack once i get back to work. I run 245/45/17 in the front and it's not bad at all. I also have a 351w based alumn head engine in and still not bad!All i run is the water pump and alt. Plus it cleans up the bay and leaves so much room for my 475 to go in it's spot! peace

morepics113.jpg

morepics132.jpg

john:p