many n.o.s. questions

romgolferman

Founding Member
Mar 24, 2001
St. Louis
I have a 2000 gt with all the stuff in my sig. except for i got rid of the chip i had for the car and bought a hypertech III programmer so i could retart my timing. what system is the best for this car. I will be running no more than 100hp shot. and what else do i need to do to my car to make it safe to run nos.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 2000 gt with all the stuff in my sig. except for i got rid of the chip i had for the car and bought a hypertech III programmer so i could retart my timing. what system is the best for this car. I will be running no more than 100hp shot. and what else do i need to do to my car to make it safe to run nos.

The "safest" would be direct port. A wet kit would be the next best thing. Get a window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, and SVT focus pump. Make the nitrous line as long as possible, and the fuel line as short as possible. N2o travels faster than fuel, and you don't want it reaching the engine before the fuel, or else the car will lean out. I had a nitrous express plate kit and it worked great.

The NX kits are pretty good. I have had good experience with their solenoids over the years. And the nice thing is you can send in your NX solenoids to NX or some dealers and they will inspect the solenoids for you at no charge. Some other N20 companies do this as well, but I have had the best solenoid reliability with NX.

The NX kit will come with a microswitch, but you will likely have to fab your own microswitch bracket to get the microswitch to engage just right with the bell crank(throttle blade).

On a 5 speed the window switch is up to you. If you are an experienced driver you won't need one because you can completely control the RPM you shift. If you get serious about going to the track and run some sticky tires and are launching off the juice in first, then a window switch will come in handy. A window switch becomes more important on an auto because the PCM has control over the shifts. I'd recommend getting yourself a quality aftermarket tach because the factory tach can be significantly off escpecially in the upper RPM's.

The nitrous line being longer than the fuel line is another internet myth. On a wet kit the N20 lines and fuel lines coming off the solenoids can be the exact same length going to the nozzle. You can hold the nozzle in your hand and hit the WOT switch and the N20 and fuel spray at the same time.

If you need any wiring help, there have been some posted in this forum, and NX has some on their site as well.

I have run the NX wet kit for over 3 years now with great luck. On a 100 shot you don't NEED the SVT pump but extra fuel is great insurance. I run a Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump because i regularily run a 150 or 175 shot(on a built motor).The RPM window switch is a must,in my opinion,with either tranny type. If you miss a gear in a 5-speed and redline the engine,the damage will still happen. Also not letting the nitrous engage lower than about 3000 rpm with the stock manifold is important.

its called nitrous, not nos. everytime i hear that, i think of fast and furious..it scares me. sorry man, no disrespect.