McLeod Clutch Issues 13' GT - Help!

13'G+/C$

May 7, 2018
Texas
Hi guys so I'm new to the whole forum thing I've used them alot for good information but I need help with what I'm dealing with.

My clutch recently went out in my 13' GT/CS so I tried to do it right and go with McLeod everything (Street extreme clutch, lightened flywheel, throw out bearing and slave cylinder, SS braided clutch line) and I've put 700 miles on the new system and everything felt great until a couple days ago. My gf and i made a trip to Galveston from Beaumont Texas and on the way every time I would cruise for a second then go to push the clutch in, the clutch would feel like it's grabbing on something and sometimes squeal if I didn't partially pump the clutch at least once before I pressed it completely in. What is causing this to happen because even when I'm sitting still in neutral I can rev the motor to 3 or 4k rpms let off then try to push the clutch in and it will do the same thing as when I am driving it. But if I'm sitting still in neutral I can push the clutch over and over again and it won't grab or feel spongy once as long as I'm sitting at idle. PLEASE HELP ME!!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome aboard. Forum lesson #1. Thread titles should be meaningful.

Next: Who installed the clutch?

Two things come to mind as I read your description: The hydraulic throw out bearing has air in it or it is bad --or-- the clutch master cylinder has fluid bypassing the plunger.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Noobz thanks for the heads up. It was installed by a reputable transmission shop I have used for years. It ended up being the slave cylinder. The McLeod slave cylinder only had 900 miles on it and it exploded lol.

Attachments

• 20180509_090815.jpg
    20180509_090815.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 514