Engine Metal Bar Back of Lower Intake?

Imatk

Apr 17, 2005
So I'm putting things back together after replacing my lower intake gaskets.

I put the fuel rail on last night and in my bag of parts there's a metal bar.

I remember it being on the back of the intake... somewhere... but now I can't remember or see where it's supposed to go.

I'm thinking it MIGHT have to go under the rear lower intake bolt but I'm not sure.

Anyone know where this goes... also I'd be interested to know what it's for... a stress bar for the intake?

I also have two bolts on either side of the lower that are different than the other bolts. One has a stud that comes out of the top of the bolt, and the other has the same stud, but I have a nut on there... I'm thinking they might be in the wrong holes/spots but I don't know.

If it does have to go under that rear bolt, do I need to re-torque all the bolts in sequence again? And does anyone know what those two bolts are for and where they should be positioned... and if they're in the wrong spot do I need to re-do the torque sequence?

Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok cool, would you know what the two odd bolts with the studs are for? One with a nut over the stud? I'm thinking that nut is for the coolant tube, but not positive.

Don't know what the driver's side would go to