MIL eliminators dont work

maxxedout

Sep 10, 2014
Got a 99 GT and installed a offroad x pipe. Installed the eliminators and the check engine light stills comes on. Code shows bank 1 and 2 low catalyst below threshold. P0420....

• Sponsors (?)

I used homemade mil elims back in the day on an 04 Mach1. It's just a 1mF cap and a megaohm resistor. Worked great for 5+ years till the car was sold.
Are yours the plug in type or the splice in?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220426-130356_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220426-130356_Gallery.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Looks like 1 white one on the 02 go to a blue one on the eliminator 1 white one on the 02 goes to a yellow on the eliminator, grey on the 02 goes to green on the eliminator and black on the 02 goes to a tan or pinkish on the eliminator

“MIL eliminators dont work”
Have you tried wild driving and a loud stereo to get rid of your Mother In Law (MIL)? Chopped springs on a rough road can eliminate almost all passengers if she is persistent.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Next thing will be trying to figure out why my IAC seems to be working backwards, lol..when car is cold it idles low, then when car is fully warmed up it idles high, brand new iac, new tps, ive adjusted the voltage on the tps properly but still no change, iac should make the car dle high when cold then normal once warm, not the other way around, (i would think anyway)

It's been a while since I've played with MIL eliminators, but I think they still might need to be present in the exhaust stream to generate a signal range that the eliminators "tweak" slightly. Those dead-legs might not let it work properly. Or it might? Who knows.