Engine Misfiring sometimes

keel

Aug 23, 2020
Seattle, Wa
My 5.0 runs perfectly when its completely cold, and also when it is up to temp, but about halfway through the warm-up period, it will misfire for maybe a minute or so and then go back to running great. I can tell because the car shakes at idle and it feels down on power during acceleration. Sometimes it does not miss at all, I would say about 80% of warm-up cycles it misfires. No check engine light. This has been happening for a while and I haven't really concerned myself with it too much because the car runs perfect 99% of the time. The motor is all stock except for EGR delete, long-tube headers and h-pipe, and an air intake. Does the car need to be tuned for those modifications? What could be causing this?

• Sponsors (?)

Dump codes sticky

Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL (Check Engine Light) isn’t on. You don’t need a code reader or scanner – all you need is a paper clip, or if your lady friend has a hair pin, that will do the job.
I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user