miss on 2 cylinders

wildmandave

Sep 15, 2005
largo,FL
I just installed a new 351 in my car and it has a miss in 2 cylinders. I've narrowed it down to #3 and #6 cylinders that are not producing power. It has spark and there is compression at both cylinders but I don't have a gauge to check how much. This guy I work with said I may have a bent pushrod or that it may have glazed the cylinder walls(what does that mean?). I have checked the firing order and even tried to pull the dist and put it back 180 degrees out to check that with no luck. It ran a little rich when first fired up but I turned the regulator down to 38 lbs. Any ideas I'm ready to shoot it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did not check for pulse at injectors but getting constant power at red wire. I've heard that injectors pulse on ground side of circuit. How do I check for pulse at injectors. If no pulse than what do I do?

TSWG00 said:
How did you narrow it down to what Cyl was missing? because I have a miss as well but I can't tell what Cyl is missing. I have not done a compression check yet but I guess I should.
Pulled wires on the cap while running with insulated spark plug wire pullers and listened for the engine to drop power. If no change than theres the dead cylinder.