Mobil 1 full synthetic oil

Black GT

Sep 8, 2018
Jacksonville, Florida
It's time for my cars first oil change since I have owned it. I bought Mobil 1 high mileage 5w20 full synthetic motor oil for the job. I am pretty confident in my oil choice. However The only oil filter they had for my car was a Fram PH2 extra guard . I have heard lots of bad things about the orange can of death filters. Not sure if all I have heard is true or not. Should I wait and get a motorcraft filter when the stores open back up? They are all closed due to hurricane Dorian right now. Wanted to change my oil today.

• Sponsors (?)

I also used Fram for years until I saw the U Tube video on how crappy they are . Now I use Motorcraft , or Purolator. I dont think I would use one ever now. There were other stories online also. I would not one to collapse and get stuck somewhere. I still am not going to spend $14 on a top rated Wix or KnN. Sorry....

Got my oil changed yesterday and found this cheesy oil filter on my car. Have no idea why the PO would put something like this on the car. You can see how small it is compared to the box the FL820S filter came in.
IMG_1123.jpg
IMG_1122.jpg
IMG_1122.jpg