Fox MODS question

• Sponsors (?)

First off, you say you have stock upper and lower intake and stock heads, correct? So just a mild cam? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Per your list you don't need more fuel.

i hate to be all over the place but i'm trying to see if this will be beneficial to me
right now this is what i have
BBK shorty
NO CATS JUST FLOWMASTERS
mild cam think its a B303
CAI
PULLEYS
NO A/C
NO AIR PUMP

this is what i have as as extra parts
70mm maf with F1SF-12B579-AA AFH-70-02 3C19
BBK 70MM TB
X3Z ecm
FORD (DENSO) 24# F55E-A2E inj
FORD explorer GT40 UPPER AND LOWER INTAKE

Reactions: 1 user
If the maf sensor was F1ZF I would say yes but I can't say about a F1SF sensor
everything on your list will be 'ok' but the B cam is a little high strung and may be a dog in the lower rpms, more so with the stock heads. JMO

The 93 cobra ecu was programmed for 24# injectors, the maf is designed for a larger 70mm housing if I am not mistaken. There is no stock maf designed for use with 24# injectors, you will either need a tune to change the fuel curve in the ECU or an aftermarket maf designed to (lie) to the ecu for the larger injectors.
For your setup just run the 19# injectors and call it a day.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
The 93 cobra ecu was programmed for 24# injectors, the maf is designed for a larger 70mm housing if I am not mistaken. There is no stock maf designed for use with 24# injectors, you will either need a tune to change the fuel curve in the ECU or an aftermarket maf designed to (lie) to the ecu for the larger injectors.
For your setup just run the 19# injectors and call it a day.
I agree with the post above since the 19's you have now will be plenty for the combo you have laid out. You are just better off putting the intake and tb on the car and running it.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmmm...I looked up the MAF part number you gave and for me it came back as a 93 Cobra. So I'll bow out of this conversation. The answer is above anyway.

Hmmm...I looked up the MAF part number you gave and for me it came back as a 93 Cobra. So I'll bow out of this conversation. The answer is above anyway.

Dammit. I was incorrect. It is a 93 cobra MAF.

Personally what I’d do is install the explorer intake, put the cobra ECU, 24s and MAF aside.

If the BBK MAF is for 19s I’d try to run it but if not sell it and buy a 94-95 MAF and run that

Personally what I’d do is install the explorer intake, put the cobra ECU, 24s and MAF aside.

If the BBK MAF is for 19s I’d try to run it but if not sell it and buy a 94-95 MAF and run that
thanks for your reply but why not use the F1SF - ASF70 and why would the 94-95 MAF be better with my add on parts

He could always put cobra maf, computer, and the 24lb injectors in and it’ll run fine.

With just a cam and explorer intake, the 19lb injectors will be fine though.

Last edited: