Fox More high dollar Fox Mustangs

• Sponsors (?)

In comparison these all out drag cars that I see pop up for sale every once and a while trying to sell for 30-50K plus. You know they got big bucks into those cars, and will be big bucks to maintain there competiviness.
This car was just bought and stored and is commanding the same money if not more!

Last edited:
Someone is playing the field... meaning scamming...kindof.

In the auction world the price of a car is dependent on selling price. If you have a " friend ", that's willing, you can drive prices up. This would be done by someone that has a bunch of these cars... and maybe a bunch of parts. The fox body specific junk yard have been growing in popularity. All you need is to ratchet up prices, using " friends " as buyers. The price is permanently raised.... and you've made way more than the auction fee it cost you.

Reactions: 1 user
I am almost positive that's the same car that was up for sale north of Atlanta a few years back. That owner was asking around $24k for it then. To me that is the best of the foxbodies right there, but you couldn't enjoy driving it.

Joe

Exactly, and I dont have the kind of money to own a car and not drive it. Well, not a perfectly running/driving car that is, lol.

I rear a post in another group claiming investing in cars is a great retirement plan.

Looking at this car....even if he gets 50k for it and paid $15k new, it's only a 5% gain. That doesn't include storage costs or insurance costs over that period of investment. So probably 4% realistically....and that's with a halo car .

Reactions: 1 user
I rear a post in another group claiming investing in cars is a great retirement plan.

Looking at this car....even if he gets 50k for it and paid $15k new, it's only a 5% gain. That doesn't include storage costs or insurance costs over that period of investment. So probably 4% realistically....and that's with a halo car .

You are exactly right. You can double your money in 10 years of invested correctly.

15k investment is worth 30k at 10, 60k at 20 and 120k at 30.

Joe

I think a car as an investment is not a good idea. Sure some can make money, look at old cars like T's and A's, maybe a 32 will make money to day but it's all in the 'nitch' world, if you can wait to find the right buyer ok. Too many time I've seen cars that where worth a butt load 20 years ago are selling for half that. I've seen customs that go for half what it cost to build in parts alone, I watched my uncle sell 65-66 mustangs for 20-25k back in the late 70's early 80's and the same year mustangs are selling for the same money now. Remember that hemi cuda convertible that set a record at auction years ago, where is it now? Would it go near the same money? I think not. The odd balls will fetch good prices like the GTO, big block chevells, 57 chevy convertible for example.
put your money in pork bellies
but this is just my opinion.