more power for my 03 GT

Well I have to chargers on my mind. I am looking at the Procharger kit # 1FE213-121 and the Vortech. The part numbers on the Vortech kits are confusing there are 4 p/n for my applications they are 4FL218-130SQ, 4FL218-138SQ and these 2 4FL218-140SQ, 4FL218-148SQ.

What the question is what are the differences between all the different Vortech chargers kits. I want either an inter or aftercooler and the most bang for the buck.

I like the idea of the self-contained option of the Procharger w/intercooler but that kit doesn’t list everything I would need (unless I am not reading it right) as the Vortech come with all injectors fuel pump chip and all.

Please help me decide as to what kit to go with and if anyone has before and after dino results would be nice too.

• Sponsors (?)

Hmm.

Personally, I wouldn't jump into a supercharger at this point in the game if I were you. That could be a painful mistake.

Other than that. You can get either the Vortech or ProCharger kit, although, there are several other supercharger kits available that may better suit you.

If you decide on getting a Vortech kit, look into the Cobra Killer kit (www.modularfordpowerhouse.com) They have the Steeda adaptive tune that provides a 'safer' tune while still being able to produce good numbers.

T&J Performance should also have a Kenne Bell adaptive tune ready eventually, if I remember correctly, so that's another option.

Personally, though, I'd opt for something less extreme at this point. Or, if you insist on supercharging asap, look at getting a stronger bottom end (ie: crank, rods, pistons, etc). They won't last long if you push it too hard or beat on your car too often.

On the other hand I had an Edlebrock nitrous kit on my car at 900 miles, a procharger at 1500 miles, and a vortech (procharger blew a seal) at 7500 miles with no problems.

As stated above, though, be conservative and buy something like the cobra killer kit unless your'e ready to pony up for a new shortblock. Either of those blowers will give you what you want and you'll be fine with the proper tune.

what other do I need.

I have desided to get the Procharger kit # 1FE213-121 with the P-1SC with the 3 core intercooler. I will leave the stock pully on it so should be around 8 to 10 psi boost.

What the question is from what I can tell the kit doesnt come with new mass air or injectors. In the paperwork it said the kit is complete with a chip and I know it comes with a new fuel pump but with my car only having 21# injectors that doesnt sound like that would be right. The other brands come with I think 42# injectors. Also what am I suposed to do about the mass air meter as the map and injectors have to be callabrated for one another. Also what brands of each would be a good brand to get.

I know the chips that I will get from them (ATI) will be a generic safe burn but I will get a dyno-tune @ DMP when everything is installed.

MystanGoTu said:
I have desided to get the Procharger kit # 1FE213-121 with the P-1SC with the 3 core intercooler. I will leave the stock pully on it so should be around 8 to 10 psi boost.

What the question is from what I can tell the kit doesnt come with new mass air or injectors. In the paperwork it said the kit is complete with a chip and I know it comes with a new fuel pump but with my car only having 21# injectors that doesnt sound like that would be right. The other brands come with I think 42# injectors. Also what am I suposed to do about the mass air meter as the map and injectors have to be callabrated for one another. Also what brands of each would be a good brand to get.

I know the chips that I will get from them (ATI) will be a generic safe burn but I will get a dyno-tune @ DMP when everything is installed.
Please look into a D1SC.........just sharing my experience. You will need larger injectors (most go with 42s) and either a tuner that can calibrate your stock meter to them or purchase an aftermarket such as Pro M. When I had a P1SC I used the stock MAF (modified by JMS) with the 42s and driveability was great.

micool said:
Please look into a D1SC.........just sharing my experience. You will need larger injectors (most go with 42s) and either a tuner that can calibrate your stock meter to them or purchase an aftermarket such as Pro M. When I had a P1SC I used the stock MAF (modified by JMS) with the 42s and driveability was great.

ok well you asking me to go with the d1sc kit as if you had problems with the p1sc. I know that the have had problems with the p1sc in the past. But the leaking problem was fixed. The specs are both almost the same and not sure what the price difference would be.

MystanGoTu said:
ok well you asking me to go with the d1sc kit as if you had problems with the p1sc. I know that the have had problems with the p1sc in the past. But the leaking problem was fixed. The specs are both almost the same and not sure what the price difference would be.
I hate doing this but I hate people being misinformed even more. This is what happened to my car after one blew a seal................3 months ago..............after 6k miles. Trying to help you bud not hurt you.