motor crank wont turn to get TOD HELPPP

RLH90GT

Mar 25, 2010
I have a 90 gt that I have been putting a new motor and tranny in. THE tranny is an AOD. I put the motor and tranny together outside the car, and the motor turned then when i torqued down the converter bolts, u know how you have to turn it to get to each bolt. Well I put the motor and tranny in and got everything bolted up and together. All I had to do was put the distrebuter and wires on. Well when i went to turn the crank to get #1 at TOD, it turned a couple inches and locked up. I mean it wont turn eaither way now, so i took a couple plugs out and still nothing, I put the battery in and tried it once and it is still locked up, unhooked the starter to make sure it wasnt hung up, nothing. could the torque converter be hung up and keep the motor from turning. The car rolls in all the gears except park, but the fly wheel dosn't turn.Please help me with ideas, is it the motor or tranny

• Sponsors (?)

things to try:
Remove Distributor see if engine turns(oil pump shaft not in right)
Remove all spark plugs, See if engine turns(Hydraullically locked with some liquid in one cylinder)
Remove Belt; Turn just Crankshaft ; eliminate locked up alternators A/C compressors, PS pumps etc.
Could it be the Drain plug on the Torque converter? One of the bolts not tight?
The starter ring rear could be interferring with bellhousing. Loosen bolts between motor and transmission