Motor not sitting correctly with new motor mounts

Hello all,

I recently had to pull my motor due to a bad leak in the oil pan. After going through a head ache and a half with that, I finally got the motor back in the car. Trans is hooked up, and long tube headers also in place with a few bolts in. Issue I'm having now is that my transmission is slightly leaning to the left and crooked. I did notice that one of the motor mounts was not all the way at the bottom but even after lowering it what seems to be at the very bottom of the frame, the trans is still twisted and I cannot get the trasmission bracket back on to save my life.
The motor mounts that I bought was the kit off of Am Muscle "SR performance solid motor and trans mounts".
I am seriously thinking about going to auto zone and just buying some duralast motor mounts and hoping that will work but then I would have to find a way to lift my motor again and I've already gave back the engine lift I was borrowing.

Thank you for reading

Car: 1995 Mustang 302 original block

• Sponsors (?)

Floor jack or bottle jack, block of wood, pick up on oil pan.
Are you sure that the engine mounts are on the correct side and the trans mount is oriented correctly?
Pretty confident with yes on those two questions. I originally had the mounts on backwards as not very much of the mount was against the frame so I had to pull the motor again and swap them. The trans mount was dummy proof from what I remember, and I have swapped the trans bracket around without there being a difference. When I get in the car, the shifter is much too close to the driver side. I'm thinking the issue might be with the motor mount on the passenger side. I believe it still has 1/4 inch to go before it is fully seated at the bottom of the frame. Only issue is that I cannot for the life of me get it all the way in the bottom. Any tips on this would be great or maybe something I am missing.

To get the passenger side seated on the bottom of the frame, you have to jack up the drivers side. It is not uncommon for the drivers and passenger side mounts to sit at different points on the K member to get the engine level. Aftermarket parts are not factory original parts. They are made by 3rd party vendors who have a copy of a copy of a copy of the original.

Reactions: 1 user
To get the passenger side seated on the bottom of the frame, you have to jack up the drivers side. It is not uncommon for the drivers and passenger side mounts to sit at different points on the K member to get the engine level. Aftermarket parts are not factory original parts. They are made by 3rd party vendors who have a copy of a copy of a copy of the original.
Makes since. Thank you for the input. I will work on it and get back with the results.

The motor mounts look very similar, but are not the same. There is a left side mount and a right side mount, and the ones I got had no markings straight out of the box. You may have them switched side for side.

The motor mounts use a an interference fit nut which is an odd size. I could not get the nut to seat against the frame, even with a heavy duty air impact wrench running at max PSI air pressure. I ended up putting a big washer between the frame and the nut, but it was still very hard to tighten down to full contact between the nut and frame,.

• Useful