Motorcraft spark plugs

Im reading alot of recomendation for Motorcraft AGSF-32C plugs. But when I go to Motorcraft's webpage it lists AWSF32P and SP493 for my 2000 GT. And autozone only lists the SP493 plugs. What should I get and from where? Im at 77K miles. I got the car with 41K so I am thinking this is the cars first changing of plugs.

• Sponsors (?)

they'll all work. you won't notice much, if any difference between them being except the platinums will last longer. if you go forced induction, then it becomes more of an issue.

The difference between AWSF and AGSF is that the AGSF have the longer threads. The old recommendation from Ford was AWSF and the current recommendation is AGSF.

I suggest you get AGSF-32C from the Ford parts counter or you might get lucky and AutoZone may have them. Autolites have the short threads, I do not recommend them.

Stick with the copper plug and save your money. They'll last you 60,000-miles which is where you should be doing your next tune up anyway and burn cleaner than the platinum plugs. Go with AGSF-32C's or AGSF-22C's (one step colder) for a N/A car with modest bolt ons.

actually...I was only getting 20/25,000 out of the copper plugs...I suppose I could remove them close the gap up some and squeak a few more miles out of them, but IMHO it's not worth the effort...

and I think that $20.00 for 8 platinum plugs from Autozone is cheaper than 8 coppers from the Ford dealer anyway :D