moved the battery to the trunk, making room for the turbo

paxton86

Dec 29, 2005
so im halfway through relocating the battery to the trunk, and just wanna make sure of everything before i try and start it up and smell burnt wires.

started off with 4 guage wire going from the alternator to the power box, and from there ran 1/0 wire from the power box to the trunk, and the battery grounded in the trunk.

now, the ground that goes from the negative terminal of the battery to the chasis, just leave that? is everything right so far?

• Sponsors (?)

I had that problem...You need a better ground. I ran a 4ga wire from the neg terminal on the battery directly to one of the starter bolts. Your setup may work if you add a couple larger grounding wires from the engine to the chassis.

Yeah, that should do it. It fixed all my starting problems anyways...You may still need to add a ground wire or two to help out the rest of the electronics that use the chassis for ground.

The ground wire for the original location has a small wire going to the chassis, and the main wire going to the timing cover. That small wire is probably the one you melted, so maybe you can replace it with a larger wire? I just bolted a wire to the bolt on the terminal end of that wire and grounded the other end on the nearest chassis bolt. That's what I did, but I don't think it worked too well.

As for other grounding points, just find a bolt on the engine and run a wire from there to the nearest chassis bolt. Like maybe a swaybar mounting bolt?