Muffler Question! Brand/Model

My MII is not going to be my primary vehicle so it is ok if it is kind of loud and obnoxious. :)

I am looking for muffler that give it that deep throaty sound! Any suggestions? Anyone have video's or WAV's of how theirs sounds?

Not sure on the size of pipe to run from the collectors? Will 3" run ok under a MII? Looks kind of tight?

underside.jpg

I am running headers with ~ 10.8 to 1 compression ratio!

I can't wait to get mine in and running!!!

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Chad

• Sponsors (?)

Re: Exhaust Question

parthos & Blue Thunder yours both sound very cool! Thank you so much for the video/audio files!

I am going to have to go do some intensive Web searching to see what is available!

Thanks again for all your feedback,
Chad

No help with the exhaust question - my Stang is far from being ready for one, but WOW! That is one nice looking undercarriage. I wish mine looked that good. Do you have more pics of the car? BTW, your engine also looks real nice in another post.

-Stang78

MII Picture

Stang78 said:
No help with the exhaust question - my Stang is far from being ready for one, but WOW! That is one nice looking undercarriage. I wish mine looked that good. Do you have more pics of the car? BTW, your engine also looks real nice in another post.

-Stang78
Yea I wish mine looked like that picture too :)
Chad

I am thinking about going with dynomax for my stang. I got this credit card from this car place..... sooo I might be getting them in a few months. After my eclipse's charges are paid for... And then I'll get headers! =)

77sleeper said:
Mac is the best sounding "deep and Throaty" muff on the non-HO firing order, they sound like crap on a HO
I put Force mufflers on my cobra clone with an H pipe and used 93 LX pipes out the rear past the 8.8 rear. The force mufflers are available through JEGS. They look like a flowmaster- are made like them - are one heck of a lot cheaper and mine sounds like a 60-70's musclecar. Deep and throatysound , kinda quiet , but not too quiet, not as loud as a 40 series.

At idle, my II is so loud, I have to raise my voice to talk to the passenger sitting right next to me, and I can barely hear the radio even when it's half way up. At cruising speed, it's a LOT louder. (the radio all the way up sounds like some kind of slight background noise, maybe like a collector leak, or a honda with a big muffler on it passing by.)

On a thought, I tried sticking 2 more of my spare flowmasters over the pipes, and with all 4 mufflers on the car, it's still loud, but sounded really nice.
I'm sure it would take 6 or even 8 flowmaster 2.5" 3-chamber mufflers to make my car relatively quiet for the street. There's no way I'm running 4 or more mufflers, though, because adding that much weight to my car would make me lose sleep.(almost)

Is there a muffler that sounds similar to a flowmaster, but about 3 times quieter?? heh.
I'm considering experimenting with my own muffler fabrication, based on the flowmaster design.