Engine Mustang 2 motor mounts - right and left

joekurt

Oct 28, 2021
Pennsylvania
So here's dumb question number, oh I don't know I'm losing count. Anyway, I'm rebuilding my Mustang II motor mounts with the urethane bushing rebuild kit. As I was cleaning them up, I noticed the smaller (chassis side) pieces stamped L and R. Now I labelled them when I took them off and the passenger side has the L on it. Does anybody know if Ford marks L and R on their parts looking at the headlights or looking at the tail lights? If looking from the front, then L would be the passenger side and I didn't somehow label them wrong! Makes me wonder why putting P or D on the parts is so unacceptable to Ford.
Thanks all!

• Sponsors (?)

Normally, L and R are looked at from the driver's seat. So L would be driver's side, R would be the passenger side.

I suppose a reason that they're not marked "D" and "P" could be because some cars are marketed in right hand drive, so that would be even more confusing.

Reactions: 1 user
The lower part of the left mount has the nut welded on the back. The right side uses a loose nut. As lilcbra said, any car location references are from the drivers seat.

Reactions: 1 user