Mustang didn't start (embarrassing story)

impulse001

Jan 16, 2008
New Jersey
So I got a call from a friend tonight that there was a car meet they were going to tonight.. I was on my way with my Mustang, and a few minutes away I decide to stop for gas. As I pulled up a new EVO with 3 very cute girls pulled up to the gas pump infront of me.

While we were getting gas I started a conversation with them about their car and they were asking about mine (year, engine, stupid stuff like that). We talked for about 10 minutes actually, and I found out we were going to the same car meet. Well, one of the girls asks if she can ride with me to the meet (would you say no??). So she hops into my car, I go to crank it, and hear they horruble *clank, clank, clank, clank* of a dead battery, which eventually turned into no sound at all. (God was punishing me for I don't know what). They ended up leaving after a few tries and I was forced into the walk of shame and had to push my car to a parking spot.

Some friends came by to jump me, still, while being jumped I only heard the clanking. My battery meter was full, I tried cables and I tried hooking his battery up to my car, but nothing. After 30 minutes of that I called AAA. Right when I hung up with them, I tried once again, and the car started! Now for the question: What could have caused that? The solenoid is new, so should I look for some loose cables or something?? This is the first time this happened to me. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Fate saved you my friend.

If your car started you would have gotten the girls phone number, dated her, got married and then one day she'd take out a huge insurance policy and then kill you in your sleep.

You just got spared my man. You're welcome

You're hot line goes from the solenoid to the battery. If that is loose or crappy on the battery end you can definitely have a "dead battery" type start.

EDIT:

Damn, 3 minutes and I'm late to the party!

oh, and 5L5

If your car started you would have gotten the girls phone number, dated her, got married and then one day she'd take out a huge insurance policy and then kill you in your sleep.

LOL!:lol: :lol:

he knows from experience except the girl he got with forgot to put bullets in the gun and the clicking from the gun ended up waking him and she said she wanted to role play cops and robbers lol

If it was red chances are it went to the pos. on the battery terminal. The other side goes to the starter. Clean them I am pretty sure that is your problem

Oh, no I thought you were talking about the ignition wire (i think its called, the very thin red one thats by itself on the solenoid.. All the pos and neg wires on the solenoid are perfect, the ignition wire, however, was in bad shape.. Could that have caused it?

Some friends came by to jump me, still, while being jumped I only heard the clanking. My battery meter was full, I tried cables and I tried hooking his battery up to my car, but nothing. After 30 minutes of that I called AAA. Right when I hung up with them, I tried once again, and the car started! Now for the question: What could have caused that? The solenoid is new, so should I look for some loose cables or something?? This is the first time this happened to me. :shrug:
Ever see Christine? Maybe the car was jealous. :D Seriously though, that burns.

The Evo girl caused it. :shrug:

I've had the same problem, lucky for me I was on base (So no hot girls). Ended up being the battery cable.

Did you ever go to teh meet :shrug: :rlaugh: