Mustang trivia question

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
Seems as if in the 80's or 90's that a mustang was available from the factory with a 351 ( windsor I assume?) engine
I have been searching online for this and come up empty....
Anyone tell me if I am correct? TY

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for your response..... I am sure ( years ago) I went by a newer mustang on a parking lot ( 80's on up car) that had a 5.8 fender emblem on it... This was when I knew NOTHING about mustangs ( I still know very little) and it always aroused my curiousity....

Last edited:
They sold 5.8 emblems that were the correct font and script for the factory 5.0 emblem. I saw cars had them when the 5.0 was pulled out and it was swapped to a 351W so that is what you may have seen.

Reactions: 1 user
5.8 badge
IMG_0360.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Not that I am aware of but the 1995 Mustang Cobra R had a 351W in it.
Don't forget about the 1994 Saleen S351-R
I always wanted one of these, I'll keep dreaming lol

Last edited:
Agreed, outside of the 95 Cobra R, no others came from the factory with a 351. The S351 Saleen didn't come from the factory with the 351, I believe they were ordered as V6 or regular GT cars and converted at Saleen.

The Roush 25th anniversary prototype is about the closest we ever got to a factory 5.8L engine in a Fox-chassis.

I forget the details on it but there were legitimate production-caliber concerns for the car which is why it never panned out. One was the chassis being able to handle the torque in a way that Ford would feel comfortable providing a warranty on the car.

Despite how similar the SN95 and Fox chassis is, Ford improved chassis rigidity a lot for the 94+ cars, which helped paved the way for more powerful engines in the chassis.