mustang wont start.

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
the battery is dead. tryed jumping it and nonthing. not even a click. i think the starter and solenoid is bad? :mad:

any ideas? last thing i want to do is have to replace the starter?:mad:

• Sponsors (?)

try the fusible links, they are by the battery in the engine comp. It might have blown some since the top motor was grounding itself. They pull right apart when the flow of electricity is reversed or amplified. Just wire them out and watch you car start up. p.s. is the batt any good?

slow95gt said:
try the fusible links, they are by the battery in the engine comp. It might have blown some since the top motor was grounding itself. They pull right apart when the flow of electricity is reversed or amplified. Just wire them out and watch you car start up. p.s. is the batt any good?

batttery. nope thats why i was trying to jump it.

Try another battery. I have had batteries go so dead that I couldn't jumpstart it.

Make sure that you have your short cleared and swap another battery in it and see if that does it.

my brother had the same problem with his TOYOTA SUPRA (yea i know my brother is dumb, tried to get him to get a stang but he said No :( ) when he had that problem he replaced the starter and that fixed it, idk if thats what you are gonna have to do or not, but if i were you i would start thinking about it :(

He left his top down and it rained on the car so im thinking he might have shorted some wires un the column.. I dont think the fuseable links are the prob. Check for relays clicking also when you tur the key on.

RsStanG1987 said:
He left his top down and it rained on the car so im thinking he might have shorted some wires un the column.. I dont think the fuseable links are the prob. Check for relays clicking also when you tur the key on.

lol the column has already had wires shorted before.

it was thing called i hit the gear shift in R. thats why it wouldent start. when my dad gets back ill will try it.

i fell stupid :nonono:

:bang: