My 1972 Ford Mustang

1972mustang

Dec 21, 2005
all right here is the deal i have a 1972 ford mustang auto V8. has been hit from the right front side other then that its in pretty good condition. the thing is my dad told me just to sell it and get a better newer car. but i like mostly classics. is it worth me to rebuilt the engine and body get new paint and all the other stuff there is to do or should i just sell it like my dad told me to do. at this point im not sure, cause if its a waste to build it up all nice and good why the heck should i waste my money. tell me what u think, ahould i sell it or fix it up real good? give reason please

• Sponsors (?)

Hmmm, difficult one this:

1) We know how badly damaged your car is - can you post some pictures? That will show very quickly if it is repairable.

2) You don't appear to know much about cars / Mustangs - that doesn't mean you can't learn (and you've come to the right place :SNSign: for a wealth of experience), but it does mean that you will no doubt spend more money as you learn.

3) Dad's have the benefit of experience that comes with age, and so you need to bear in mind what he has to say. Dad's maybe also want to take the 'sensible' option, which ain't always the best / most fun.

Get us some pics, man.

ok i have coupe like Alarus's car but white with black stripes along the side of the car i'll try to get some pictures up. but say if i fixed it up really nice would i be able to make some money off of it? or should i just fix it up and sell it?

1972mustang said:
ok i have coupe like Alarus's car but white with black stripes along the side of the car i'll try to get some pictures up. but say if i fixed it up really nice would i be able to make some money off of it? or should i just fix it up and sell it?

personally i think if you want to take up the task of rebuilding a '72 coupe you should do it because you truly like the car and want to keep it. parts are not easy to come by and the '71-'73 coupes don't bring the money that fastbacks will. unless you can buy and fix this car up dirt cheap you won't come out ahead, especially with a 302.

I’ll have to make a few assumptions due to lack of provided information, such as:

1. Your age = Late teens.
2. Living arrangement = at parent(s) home.
3. College = Planning on going.
4. Finances = Limited, thus are being fully supported by parent(s).
5. Your Father = A reasonable guy who has your best interest at heart. He does not own a welder and is not willing to permit you to take over the garage (if there is one), or look at a dismantled eyesore in the driveway for an extended period of time. He is willing to help you financially to get reliable transportation, but not willing to support a restoration project that has very real possibilities of becoming a money pit.

Based on my assumptions, I don’t need to see the damage to the car. Take your fathers advice.

In your last post you said: “if i fixed it up really nice would i be able to make some money off of it? or should i just fix it up and sell it?”

My response = Neither. Sell it “as is”.