My 89 Hatch Build

rbreith

Oct 15, 2013
Ok well lets see where to start. First off I have already started the "build" by doing a few things that I have no pictures of. I plan on doing interior all black. 5 lug with disk brakes full engine build. End state of the car is a quick weekend driver. to where I can run the car down a 1/4 mile or on a road track and drive it there or to take the wife out on a Saturday night.
I bought the car in September. I currently have the interior taken out minus the carpet painting the plastic pieces black because the interior was nasty!! so that's where this "build" will start. the interior.
I took out the interior over the course of a weekend or two. no hurry for me. currently have about 80% of the parts painted or dyed flat black. waiting for some money to buy the interior part to replace broken or worn out parts. to include a new screw kit since mine in the care are so miss matched its mind blowing.
this build will be very slow but hopefully filled with useful information for everyone and get some useful information from the users on the forum

• Sponsors (?)

Pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg

Cold air intake, new radiator with duel electric fans, few pics of the interior taken out and the seats the pic makes them look good but just imagine if they were covered in cat puke that's what they really look like and then my high tech paint booth a piece of cardboard on the ground

Awesome! Let me know how you like the radiator. :D Definitely interested to see more build updates!

We make more products for this car as well. If you have any questions, let me know!

Thanks,
Tyler

Awesome! Let me know how you like the radiator. :D Definitely interested to see more build updates!

We make more products for this car as well. If you have any questions, let me know!

Thanks,
Tyler

well yes the radiator isolators that I have do not hold the new radiator very tight. I was wondering if you or someone makes a tighter firmer fitting set.

here's a question I have. my hatch latch does not stay closed it raddles really badly it does not have the small plastic bushing that is suppose to be on it. where can I get one for a reasonable price i am looking at late model restoration.com and they are 30 bucks for the entire thing I just need the bushing part.