My avatar pic model is going to show tomorrow!

Finally the Tidewater Automotive Modelers Society 12th annual show is tomorrow! I am entering the model that is pictured in my avatar pic. It is going to be in the "Competition- Straight Line" category. I'm am so excited, it has been helter skelter for the past two weeks getting the final details in order. I am laying down the last of the decals as of this writing.
Woo-hoo! Hope I can sleep tonight!

• Sponsors (?)

Thankyou for the compliments Woodster and Dr. !

Here are the new and improved pics of the completed model. :D
It is titled Blue Racer, and is an early '60s T (as in T-bucket/Model T) "Altered" (altered wheelbase). I was trying to build something to represent the guys who were building drag cars in their garages back in the day, that's why the model lacks a lot of chrome and has a tunnel ram instead of a blower. I have a lot of respect for the guys who build and race their own cars, and I reflect that in my model cars(I am also building a '69 Charger Sportsman class drag car, another built at home in the garage theme)
blueracer%20001.jpg

The tunnel ram intake is just one of the "scratchbuilt" components, it took about two hours or so to construct. The motor is even (ignition) wired correctly ('60s small block Chevy- I have to save my 302 Ford block for something else!)

blueracer%20003.jpg

The alternator is from a Chevelle kit, but the deep groove pulley and brackets are scratchbuilt. So is the steering linkage.

blueracer%20006.jpg

CHECKOUT THE 8 BALL SHIFTER, it is a straight pin, painted, and the 8 is a decal! The fuel cell, battery and tray, roll cage, back-half of the frame and old school wheelie bar are all scratchbuilt.

blueracer%20007.jpg

The radiator hose is heat shrink tubing I formed over a bent section of copper wire.

blueracer%20008.jpg

From the drivers seat :D

I had a lot of fun building this off and on over the past 6 months, but I was(and am) disappointed at not even taking a third place trophy in my class- "Competition-straight line". Mine was the only "T-Altered" there. :)