My baby was hit yesterday

• Sponsors (?)

Weirdest story ever. I got hit by a car without a driver.

Long story short, 90's BMW pulls out across 3 lanes, 90's Camry hits BMW, Camry's airbags deploy, dude gets scared and jumps out of his car in the middle of traffic. Runaway vehicle continues on to hit a 2004 Seabring vert and then my car before coming to a hault. He has insurance through Safeco, so hopefully they pay out because I don't have collision with my INS company. My agent is working on it now, hopefully have it repaired in a couple weeks for free. I'm still pissed though. Small scuff on the taillight which will hopefully buff out since they're aftermarket. Rear bumper is scraped from the exhaust cutout (im really hoping he missed the exhaust, looks like it, but I haven't crawled under to see if anything looks out of line) all the way up to the dented quarter panel.

So that makes a total of 4 cars involved. Thankfully everybody was ok. I had no clue what had even happened at first. I just looked in my rearview mirror and see this dude in the middle of the road with one shoe on, and a runaway car with airbags deployed heading towards me.

When I called the police I said there were 3 cars involved and we were all ok. Then the driver of the BMW came walking over holding her head from like 500ft away where her car was. She appeared to be ok and didn't really need medical attention. I was unaware that accident had even occured. It was so weird.

View attachment 199981
View attachment 199982
View attachment 199983
View attachment 199984

Hope everything works out. I found out the hard way. Many companies like Safeco offer State Minimum Insurance. I had my Mazda 6 totaled last year and in Ohio the minimum coverage per accident is $7500. My Insurance company had to sue the owner for the balance of the claim which was another $9000. Lucky I had full coverage and was able to get the car replaced. In Florida the minimum coverage is $10,000 per accident. Hope this person had higher than state minmum coverage to cover everyone involved. Good luck and glad everyone is OK. Nice looking Mustang!

I can't believe no one else has mentioned how ridiculous it is for the driver in the Camry to jump out of his moving car instead of just applying the brakes. Am I the only one that finds this really bizarre?

I can't believe no one else has mentioned how ridiculous it is for the driver in the Camry to jump out of his moving car instead of just applying the brakes. Am I the only one that finds this really bizarre?
No, I read that and thought WTF too. :nonono: