My car dies/stalls during cruise...

ceekay84

Feb 26, 2006
Orlando
My car dies/stalled during cruise...

Wtf is going on here? i have done all the tune-ups (new spark plugs and replaced the iac valve just last month) and the car died when I was cruising.. Nothing worked, brakes failed, gas pedal fked and no power steering... Good thing is, I had time to react and just turned the car on again and started braking like crazy right when there was a car 20 feet from me :/ Could this be an electrical problem. I've had this happen to my stang once a month. Doesn't happen very often... I wonder what it could be.. ANy ideas?

P.S. The stang starts right back up without any hesitation when I turn the ignition....

• Sponsors (?)

The only thing I can think of to check yourself is your electrical connections. Look at the alternator connection and make sure the connecter is tight. You are losing electrical somewhere. Go over the car and make sure all electrical connections are tight. Could be as simple as a loose ground.

what year is the car? this happened to my car when it ws brand new a couple of times. i was going like fifty and start to break and everything would lock up. i didnt even know the car was shut off. let me guess, you turned the key and the car started right back up like nothing was wrong right?

if this is the case, i took my car into ford. they replaced my iac valve which i dont think was the problem and they did some kind of reprogramming update to the computer. i never had the problem again.

this is only the case if it is a newer mustang. also does your car sit alot? do you drive it everyday?

mine does that some times, especially when its warm out and I actually have the A/C on along with the lights. And usually its when I'm rolling up to a stop light (not when I stop, but when I'm slowing down). Ford can't replicate it, and the only thing I did that reduced it happening is down shifting into a stop instead of rolling up to a light in neutral.

Same situation?

I've only had this happen to me one time a couple years ago. I was slowing down from highway speeds and the engine shut off after I disengaged the clutch. Took it to Ford where they said they updated my computer. Haven't had the problem since.