My car has come a long way (pictures)

• Sponsors (?)

Looks great, I would suggest a new top when you can get to it. :nice:

(or at least put some 303 Aerospace Protectant on that faded stocker)

I like that alot. I was just telling my wife the other day how nice they look in white. she got that "oh boy, here we go" look on her face:rlaugh:

as far as the top goes, I mentioned it somewhere before, go with a fabric top rather than vinyl. they are soooooooo much nicer. cost a little more but about the same, and it'll be the last one you ever buy. I bought one for my 87 gt and it was great. no fading, no shrinking, no tearing unless you were to stick a knife in it. just as easy to clean.

think it cost me around $400 and then $400-600 to put in, can't remember.

i love seeing progress pics. puts everything into perspective.

found a few pics of my GT when i bought it off the lot on my old PC. totally different car IMO, i barely remember it that way, it underwent such a huge transformation all at once its like "wow, that used to be my car?". if i could do it over again i mightve gone a different route, but thats only due to my body shop being douchebags, if i could do it over again, it wou ld be with a better shop the first time.

everytime i look at any nicely done Faleen, I wish i went with Saleen kit instead of Roush. But at the time, i didn't want to mess with Saleen quality issue.

Nicely done!

I like that alot. I was just telling my wife the other day how nice they look in white. she got that "oh boy, here we go" look on her face:rlaugh:

as far as the top goes, I mentioned it somewhere before, go with a fabric top rather than vinyl. they are soooooooo much nicer. cost a little more but about the same, and it'll be the last one you ever buy. I bought one for my 87 gt and it was great. no fading, no shrinking, no tearing unless you were to stick a knife in it. just as easy to clean.

think it cost me around $400 and then $400-600 to put in, can't remember.

white's a wonderful color because every modification I do to the body of the car, people notice faster :)

I want to buy a new convertible top too but I'll be getting poor if I do that.

i love seeing progress pics. puts everything into perspective.

found a few pics of my GT when i bought it off the lot on my old PC. totally different car IMO, i barely remember it that way, it underwent such a huge transformation all at once its like "wow, that used to be my car?". if i could do it over again i mightve gone a different route, but thats only due to my body shop being douchebags, if i could do it over again, it wou ld be with a better shop the first time.
I've also had bodyshop issues. It was my mistake to take it to Earl Schieb lol. I went to a Japanese body shop after that who specializes in Nissan Silvias and they paint great.

everytime i look at any nicely done Faleen, I wish i went with Saleen kit instead of Roush. But at the time, i didn't want to mess with Saleen quality issue.

Nicely done!

Roush kit looks mean for the front fascia. I like the mean look to it :) I wish Roush did a back bumper though like they did for the S197 05+ stangs.

looks great!...I love the look of the Saleen body, especially on a white car...

BTW I use Meguiars Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner (#39) on my top...makes it look like new...

(BTWII, wana give me your old side scoops?)

looks great!...I love the look of the Saleen body, especially on a white car...

BTW I use Meguiars Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner (#39) on my top...makes it look like new...

(BTWII, wana give me your old side scoops?)

I'll make sure to look for the vinyl cleaner you mentioned. I would give you my old scoops but I already sold them on ebay :p

I'll make sure to look for the vinyl cleaner you mentioned. I would give you my old scoops but I already sold them on ebay :p

S'ok...I woulda had to repaint them anyway ;)

the Meguire's isn't too hard to find, and it kept my 175,000 mile top looking new enough so it didn't look much different than the new top I had to get put on (some buttmunch sliced it up :mad: )

S'ok...I woulda had to repaint them anyway ;)

the Meguire's isn't too hard to find, and it kept my 175,000 mile top looking new enough so it didn't look much different than the new top I had to get put on (some buttmunch sliced it up :mad: )

ouch. that sucks that your top got cut into. did they try to steal your car?

What is different except the orange reflectors? Most people that change headlights do it to get away from the orange. Why would you wanna change lights to ADD the orange reflectors?

Having yellow turn signals on a Mustang just looks different and noticeable when you signal. It's also good (in my perspective) that if the red brake lights ever burn out, your signal won't work either. But the yellow turn signal has its own dedicated bulb. It's a pain to install though since a new wiring harness is used to differentiate the different bulbs inside the Cobra tail light.

I don't remember what the break down of parts vs. labor was...they reused my back window assembly because it still looked good, and didn't replace the well liner either...

(not to mention losing half the screws that held the front strip on, lining up the seems incorrectly, using upholstery clips instead of those Ford push pins, and putting the front window weatherstripping back on the wrong sides of the car, there was like a 2" gap between the front and rear windows...oh and I'm still chasing rattles that showed up after then worked on the car...<grrrrrr>....no I'm not bitter...)

BTW what's "Motive Whining"?