My First Mustang

Hello everyone!!! I finally got a Mustang!! It is a 1997 GT 5-speed. Let me start off by saying I got the car from a friend for $500. Does it run? Duh!! I had to fix a few minor issues so far and the engine has 143,XXX miles on it. I have replaced the #6 injector and replaced the O rings on the fuel rail side of the #8 injector. New Motorcraft plugs and two new ignition coils. I have also installed new headlight housings and installed 35w HID 5000K bulbs. The car sat for 3 years by the way.

The car came with a ram air hood and I don't like it. BBK TB Plenum. K&N full CAI which is fed by the ram air hood. Strut tower brace. Steeda Tri-ax shifter. 18x9.5" wheels. Full Bassani exhaust including X pipe. Cobra rear spoiler. Blue Metal Flake Black Paint. The flaming horse in the grill is going to go bye bye.

I am in the process (when I get a day off and weather permits) of replacing the A/C compressor clutch. Easy job. I will also be putting my Gatorback belt on after the A/C clutch is replaced. The Mustang is about as basic as they come... no power anything except mirrors. I have an aftermarket kit that will convert the manual windows to power windows. The exterior is a 6-7 out of 10 and the interior is about the same. It is a very nice project. Oh... reverse is screwed. But it's a T-45 so I expected it. The pic is after I washed it.
22050949_1699092240133778_3549847701577888808_o.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks!! I am tossing around the idea of selling my `95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited to pay for a tranny rebuild. On the list is 3.55 gears, 40 series Flowmasters, Nitto 555 G2 tires, PI intake, 250-350 amp alternator, Hertz Components in the doors, single 10" subwoofer, Alpine PDX V9 amplifier and some sound deadening.

I have a question... These are my tires on my 18x9.5" rims. As you can see, they are stretched. I do not like this. They are 245/40/18 on all 4 corners. I am going to keep the width the same all the way around when I get new tires, no staggered or wider tires in the rear if you will. My question is, will a 275/35/18 tire be more correct for keeping the sidewall vertical? I don't want them stretched or bulging.

Attachments

• t2 (1).jpg
    t2 (1).jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 110
  • t2 (2).jpg
    t2 (2).jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 107
I have seen 265,275 and even 285 on those size rims, tires of the same size but different manufacturers can vary some in size so compare the specs for each one.

Reactions: 1 user
I decided to take a pic of the engine bay... that way I can see where it started. It was a lot more dirty, trust me, it looked like a yard full of sticks and leaves and literally a squirrels nest behind the TB plenum. Once its all cleaned up I will be adding new battery terminals to accept much larger cables and help feed power to the amplifiers. I will also be adding 1/0 power and ground cables from the alternator to the battery and the battery to the factory power distribution block near the battery. 1/0 ground cables from the battery to the chassis and engine block. 1/0 power cable from the battery to the trunk for the amplifiers. A 1/0 ground to chassis in the trunk for amp grounds.

IMG_20171128_162934424.jpg