My First Post About My First Tune

1 BD PNY

Feb 11, 2006
I just scheduled my tune for april 4th at Alternative for the car I have been building since 2006. I have never had a car tuned before and I am looking for any advice or suggestions on things to check out before hand and what to expect.
I have a 90 GT/Fobra with a stock shortblock, TFS Stage 1 cam, Pro Comp heads with manley valves/springs and comp cams 1.7 rockers, cometics and ARP studs, explorer intake, BBK 75mm TB, MSD Dist and 6al, BBK long tubes and o/r h-pipe, flowmaster 2 1/2 cat back, S-trim with power pipe and 3.1/6.8 pulleys, A1000 system, 60lb injectors, pro flow maf, A9L, elec fan, tremec 3550 and 3.73 gear.
I plan to change oil/filter and plugs before trailering to the dyno. I drove it to a show and around town a little bit and retorqued the head studs.
Anything else I should check out, info I should take with me, suggestions?
I am looking for 500rwhp. Anyone think I will see it?

• Sponsors (?)

No... I don't see you making 500 RWHP with that combo. Also, your injectors are too large for that setup and the A1000 is WAY overkill.

Start thinking about a Dart block, larger blower, blower cam, and bigger intake and TB.

I fear you will run out of displacement, cam, and boost long before you see 500 at the wheels. Should you by some stroke of luck meet that goal, it'll be California style fault line right down the center of your lifter valley.

Since this is a theoretical conversation about, "What will it make" and not a question about digital tuning, I'm moving your thread to the Talk section.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. Posted Dyno sheets and build details are always welcome. :)