My high speed chase story!

jstang209

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 3, 2004
Stockton 209
I was an hour late for work and hopped on the freeway and got right into the "fast lane" and was doing 80 for about 5 miles then i check my rearview to change lanes bc i was about to exit and i see 3 police cars behind me!!! so i pull off to the side thinking they were trying to pass me, but no lol they were after me! so i pull over to the curb and two officers run up to the car with their guns, and one ask me, "where the **** are you going" i replied "to work officer" and he says he been chasing for damn near 5 miles( i had my music blasting so thats why i didnt hear sirens) and i said sorry i didnt even notice you behind me, neways he says i was going 95mph, i said you got to be kidden me, my speedo said 80 the whole time(still speeding but owell:shrug: ) then i asked him if he had any proof like a radar gun or something and he said no, but his speedo said 95 and its recalibrated every year. Then he says my bigger rims mostly likey made my speedo incorrect! but correct me if im wrong, wouldnt a bigger rim make you go somewhat slower:shrug: neways there was nothing i can do but sign it so i did.. im going to be sure to use that in the court room and also whats the chances of me going 95mph for 5 miles without changing lanes once to pass up the cars infront of me. How do u think ill do in the court room? any pointers would be appreciated :)

• Sponsors (?)

Don't be an idiot next time. Turn your crap music down and wake the hell up. How in the world are you so out of it you don't notice THREE COPS BEHIND YOU TRYING TO PULL YOU OVER!?!?!?

Not taking into account any of the other variables, such as transmission speedo gear slip / rear end gear change / final drive ratio and accuracy of your speedometer... Here is the straight math version of your situation:

Stock Tires size
225/60/15
Dia = 25.6"
Circf = 80.5"
Rev/mi = 787.0"

Fictional 20" tire size
245/30/20
Dia = 25.8
Circf = 81"
Rev/mi = 782.0

Total variation between the two = 0.6% so if your speedometer read 80MPH, in reality you were doing 84.8MPH. But again, this is a straight math version of the problem and I don't know the exact size of your tires. There isn't much you can do about this one....

Well if the cop said he doesnt have it on radar then it will get thrown out of court, because following you is not a type of radar and it will not hold up in court the judge wants proof not just word of mouth.

One of my buddys had this happen to him cop said he was following him doin 85 and he didnt have it on radar or anything. when my buddy went to court. The judge was pissed at the cop for not getting it on radar so it got thrown out.

What does it say on the ticket does it say radar or anything that can prove that you were going that fast, or Does it say i was following him or somthing like that.

stang120gt said:
Well if the cop said he doesnt have it on radar then it will get thrown out of court, because following you is not a type of radar and it will not hold up in court the judge wants proof not just word of mouth.

One of my buddys had this happen to him cop said he was following him doin 85 and he didnt have it on radar or anything. when my buddy went to court. The judge was pissed at the cop for not getting it on radar so it got thrown out.

What does it say on the ticket does it say radar or anything that can prove that you were going that fast, or Does it say i was following him or somthing like that.

I do believe it would hold up here in S.C. The cop is considered an authorized official. I was told by a friend officer that they can issue citations by going off there speedo. I will check with him again next time I see him. He is a Highway Patrol dude.

:ban: Got to second the Fuss math. Dont know how in the hell he figured it out, but need to stay on his good side to get tech info on my flux capacitor. LOL
Damn fuss...I'm starting to think your an engineer

stang120gt said:

theres three boxes, one says "safe speed" which is 75, another says approx speed.. he put 95 and the other box says radar, with a big NO.

And My music wasnt blasting that loud, but both my windows were down a little bit, so the wind+music must of been louder than the sirens. Another note, i was in one lane the whole time so i had no reason to check my mirrors as if i was going to change lanes or anything. I just had my eyes focused on the road infront of me, i think its an honest mistake. And who doesnt listen to their music loud while driving on the freeway with the windows down??

Thanks Harper... Don't know if I want to be ban.t though.

And not to get nit picky about driving styles, but you are supposed to check all of the mirrors often for just these reason. What if you were holding up an ambulance or something? I don't want to sound mean man, but when you speed... you run the risk of getting busted.