My new stang

cleven

Dec 19, 2004
Hello all, its been a long time, but on to the real deal. I just bought another mustang because my other is no longer along the living. I just bought it today and picked it up, its almost like my other one a i had but my old one had a 1979 302 and this one a 1978 302 and this was a project car so the guy i got it from couldent finish it. The Trans in it is going out liek my old one lol but i was woundering would it be wise to put a C4 in it or should i go along with a aod, the body is a 1988 lx hatch. I kind of like the c4's but id liek to get all the info i can on the two transmission :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

It'll take a tad more money to go to the C4, you'll need a shifter and possibly a driveshaft. You also will only have 3 gears (no OD). But if you get a good/built C4, nothing is better for racing (maybe a glide..). I have a built C4 in my 88 LX, it's a daily driver, and I really like it. The only thing I would probably like better is a T-56.

Ourobos said:
It'll take a tad more money to go to the C4, you'll need a shifter and possibly a driveshaft. You also will only have 3 gears (no OD). But if you get a good/built C4, nothing is better for racing (maybe a glide..). I have a built C4 in my 88 LX, it's a daily driver, and I really like it. The only thing I would probably like better is a T-56.
Ok and another thing i am woundering whats the difference between the (aod,c4,c5,c6) i know the basics like the aod is auto overdrive but power wise whats the difference?