My stang won't start after it warms up

• Sponsors (?)

try to have a friend with you when it won't start again, then one of you try grounding a spark plug wire to the upper intake while the other cranks.
while cranking if you get no spark, it's most likely the stator in the dizzy has taken a dump. which is common like white on rice.

try to have a friend with you when it won't start again, then one of you try grounding a spark plug wire to the upper intake while the other cranks.
while cranking if you get no spark, it's most likely the stator in the dizzy has taken a dump. which is common like white on rice.

Ok, what is the stator and where is it located. This is new to me. I like new discoveries.

its inside of the distributor.
you can buy a reman dizzy from the autoparts store, and they give a discount with a core. but many have have badluck with the reman ones.
or you can buy a new stator and replace it.
first u need to find out whats the cause of your problem, then worry about fixing it.

its inside of the distributor.
you can buy a reman dizzy from the autoparts store, and they give a discount with a core. but many have have badluck with the reman ones.
or you can buy a new stator and replace it.
first u need to find out whats the cause of your problem, then worry about fixing it.

What is a stator.... Is that distributer

What is a stator.... Is that distributer

no, stator is the sensor inside of the distributor

a stator looks like this
Old+Stator+Removed.JPG

a distributor looks like this
Rebuilt+Distributor.JPG

whoa let's slow your roll young grasshopper.

first you need to pinpoint what is causing the problem. lets not try to fix the entire world at once.
so hang out with a friend and let your car idle for a while in your driveway, and once the car is at operating temp turn it off, and try to start it. if it doesn't start, grab the #1 spark plug wire from the spark plug and try grounding it out to one of the front bolts of the upper intake. hold it there while your friend cranks the ignition ( if auto make sure it's in park, or manual out of gear parking brake on, and clutch pressed) if you get no sparks from the plug wire to the intake bolt we found the problem. if you do get spark we have to figure out what the problem is.

i have a link to a how to from another site. thats were i got all of the pictures from. you will need some tools that not everyone has. the right way is to use a press, but it can be done with a table vice, a punch set and a brass or dead blow hammer

first find out the problem