My Very First Mustang - A Dream Come True After 30 Years

Hello everyone!

I'm joining this forum as I will soon be the proud owner of a black 2002 GT convertible and look forward to forum interaction, advice, and photos/info of projects. I am supposed to take delivery of my car this Friday and I can not wait! I have been in love with Mustangs since I was a kid (~30 years ago), but never had the opportunity to purchase one. The New Edge is my favorite late model body style. This will be my very first Mustang to own after wanting one for 30 years and I certainly am looking forward to it.

Cheers!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome aboard and...

Let me be the first to tell you that you don't need 1.1 Million GigaHorzwoerz to make a car that is a blast to cruise or DD.

A lot of the guys that have built that kind of power have regretted it ever since. LoL

Post up pics when you pick it up!

If you become a regular, you will discover the unwritten rule that the [pictures] of the thing or event are far more important than the thing or event. :jester:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Wow, you waited 30 years.....that's a very long time .....welcome to Stangnet!!...like Noobz stated .....post up some pic's ..we would all really like to see what you ended up with, this is a great place for ideas and advice .....great community etc.

I agree with Noobz347 about tons of power. I drove my friends 16 Shelby the other day and could hardly keep it on the road. Funny story used to drive the highway patrol cars around working for Ford. Back in 85 when GT Mustangs first started to be worthy, The Carbureted ones would do 85 in second gear. The newer fuelie ones would only do 72 in second. Was lucky to be a front end and NVH guy at the dealer and got to drive those HP cars at 130+ alot Bock stock most Mustangs are fast enough to be a whole lot of fun. Mine had 2.73 gears in the 9 when I got it. It went 140 pretty easy. I have 4.56's in it now and it will pull the front wheels.