Mystery Leak

plantmeister

Dec 17, 2016
FL
IMG_0792.JPG
IMG_0793.JPG
Among many leaks I've already identified, there's one I can't figure out. I'll post pictures to help illustrate.
It appears that there's an oil-like leak on the left top of the water pump housing. I can see where it's accumulated and dropped down the front. It starts just next to the seal and I haven't been able to locate anything above it that's damp. Its smell is very faint and I can't identify, but it's oil colored.
I'm aware that my valve cover gaskets are leaking, but this is a drip coming from somewhere I can't figure out.
Is there an oil line somewhere or another component above or nearby that could be causing this?

For background, the ac system has a leak and ran out its freon. At all times, there is an odd chemical smell coming from the front passenger side near the radiator and close to this leak. I don't know if any of this is linked, but just in case. It looks to me like the water pump had been replaced recently, from the massive amount of gasket sealer, and I've replaced the radiator and most of the lines already with new ones.

• Sponsors (?)

Checked the timing cover and saw no signs of leaking, as well as the intake. The valve covers are leaking really bad, but at the back of the engine by the firewall.

I didnt think about the distributor o ring. I just replaced the cap and rotor button and the leak only started recently. I wonder if me jostling it started the leak! I'll have to see if I can check it in the morning