N2O - Going from Dry to Wet, questions...

bonestock87

Founding Member
Dec 19, 2001
Cape Coral, FL
I have done some homework and I believe I can piece together, rather inexpensively, a wet system. I currently have a Zex dry system, unistalled. I'm hesitant to install it in its dry configuration due my ignorance on the return style vs. returnless fuel system that my car has. The kit was purchased, 2nd hand, from a '95 5.0 car.

Here are my thoughts/questions: Could I not use the current Zex control module for the nitrous solenoid side and its WOT at the TPS capability and purchase just a fuel solenoid and line(s), along with a combo fuel/nitrous nozzle and make things work? I do have a schrader valve on my fuel rail, so I could tap the fuel from there. My concerns are what to do with the 2 lines on the Zex control box that would normally go to the 1)FPR (which 98-04 cars don't have) and 2) a Vacuum source?

Am I just overthinking this and could use the kit as is, using my car's fuel rail mounted pressure sensor in place of the typical fuel pressure regulator. I'm just afraid to Frankenstein that part of it without some more knowledge.

Sorry I'm a dummy about Nitrous, well maybe 2 days of research has graduated me now to just simply ignorant.:D

• Sponsors (?)

You can do that but you will have to tie the power wire of the new fuel solenoid inside of the box, that way it will activate at WOT. I would be worried to run the fuel solenoid off a different WOT switch as it could activate at a different time, maybe or maybe not. Also, bit expensive, Zex has a dry to wet conversion. Its like $339. Its comes with a new module, nozzle, nitrous lines, and the conn. to hook everything up.