Naturally Aspirated Water/Meth Injection?

criticman

Sep 7, 2003
Rome, GA
Anyone done or know someone who has done water/meth injection on a naturally aspirated vehicle?

Snow Performance's website claims 10-15HP gain from it on N/A cars with normal compression, greater gains on high compression.

I was just wondering if the gains were worth it...well, for the Anderson Ford Motorsport Mr. Freeze since it costs half the amount of the Snow Performance one and since my AFM PMS will allow control of their water/meth system.

• Sponsors (?)

N/A motor, I don't really see it that much. I could see it making the air more dence therefor more air getting in the cylinders but adding another gas might just reverse that, I don't know. Maby with really high compression, it would prevent detonation. I really don't know... ???

90mustangGT said:
N/A motor, I don't really see it that much. I could see it making the air more dence therefor more air getting in the cylinders but adding another gas might just reverse that, I don't know. Maby with really high compression, it would prevent detonation. I really don't know... ???

Anyone have a link to a kit like this because i dont want the egr hooked up after i rebuild my engine this summer due to the fact it craps up the intake so much .. Ive been thinking of ways to do this via a homemade hackjob but would like to see some pics of something real :)

Anderson unit won't work on a NA engine. The Anderson unit uses boost from your supercharger to pressurize the bottle. The only units you can use will have a injector pump and 20 years ago I used the Edelbrock unit they sold on a 4 cyl with 12-1 compression and it worked great and I used 91 octane fuel all day long. The gain in power by increasing your timing is one benefit but for me back then it was being able to use 91 octane instead of 108 octane for a daily driver.

speedytang said:
Anderson unit won't work on a NA engine. The Anderson unit uses boost from your supercharger to pressurize the bottle. The only units you can use will have a injector pump and 20 years ago I used the Edelbrock unit they sold on a 4 cyl with 12-1 compression and it worked great and I used 91 octane fuel all day long. The gain in power by increasing your timing is one benefit but for me back then it was being able to use 91 octane instead of 108 octane for a daily driver.

Wow there are so many benefits to it , i gotta find a way to get it working :)

I can make a device that sprays a mist of water into the intake via the throttle position .. the farther the peddle is pushed the more water that would be pumped into the engine probably via current sent to a electric motor.. I just need to know how much water needs to be sprayed in i really have no idea!!