Need a new convertable top for my 98

jmlay71

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 16, 2003
I need to replace the top on my 98 GT. I really only need to replace the window "screen" but if I am going to have it 75% off I am going to replace both. I have never done this before but feel confident it should fairly strait forward.

Where I need help is a supplier for the new top & window. I would like to stay as close to the stock look as possible. There are several suppliers, mustang resto suppliers, ebay, etc... Who has the best quality top at a reasonable price.

Also I have hear the 2000-2004 tops were better than the prior years & will fit a 98. Would anyone recommend this upgraded top?

How to:

How to Change Convertible Top on Ford Mustang | eHow.com

Thanks,
Mike

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, it was a great find!!! I was going back & forth about installing myself but after reading it is a no brainer for me.

I am in Dallas & Dallas Mustang is not to far from my office so this is the the easiest place for me but want to make sure the quality is worth it.

Mike

I need to replace the top on my 98 GT. I really only need to replace the window "screen" but if I am going to have it 75% off I am going to replace both. I have never done this before but feel confident it should fairly strait forward.

Where I need help is a supplier for the new top & window. I would like to stay as close to the stock look as possible. There are several suppliers, mustang resto suppliers, ebay, etc... Who has the best quality top at a reasonable price.

Also I have hear the 2000-2004 tops were better than the prior years & will fit a 98. Would anyone recommend this upgraded top?

How to:

How to Change Convertible Top on Ford Mustang | eHow.com

Thanks,
Mike
That is a great link! Thanks!

All tops are made by Haartz so do not worry about finding the best quality they all come from teh same place.

I would suggest you go with a cloth top instead of the vinyl you probably have now. Cloth looks better and may last a bit longer but does need a bit more effort to keep clean and waterproofed. Good luck with your top replacement, your link and can do it attitude have inspired me and I may go the DIY route myself when the time comes.