Need a sticky!

MurderedCobra

Sep 18, 2009
Ok guys Im trying to save everyone some headaches here! Recently my IAC went bad in my 1994 mustang cobra. I did what any other guy would do, I went to autozone and purchased a new one. Seeing how autozone was the cheapest I thought that I had solved all my problems and saved some cash! Although come to find out I bought myself into a world of headaches and confusion. Turns out that the IAC's from autozone are **** on fords, you need to get a motorcraft. Reason being my car would start run for 2 mins and die, also everytime I would slow down to a stop my car would stall out. I threw this new motorcraft on and not a single problem!:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Certain parts like the IAC and TPS I only trust Motorcraft parts. In many cases, the manufacturer is the same but the Autozone parts don't have the Motorcraft logo on them. Likely the non-Motorcraft parts failed Ford specs.

I bought my IAC from Advance wich I'm sure is the same as Autozone and I haven't had any issues with stalling or dying. Did you try swapping it out first or am I just lucky? Now on my 86 fox i had i did have issues with the IAC having to be mounted upside down to get it to work right, which was weird but nothing ever for my Cobra.