• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Need Advice Please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stang/1996
  • Start date Start date Sep 4, 2016
S

Stang/1996

New Member
Mar 6, 2016
4
0
1
Sep 4, 2016
#1
  • Sep 4, 2016
  • #1
I have a 96 GT I want to upgrade. I'm buying a 2000 lincoln contintal. I know I can't use the block because it's fwd. what would my options be. Please help.
 

wmburns

SN Certified Technician
Aug 14, 2009
5,892
514
204
Houston Texas
Sep 4, 2016
#2
  • Sep 4, 2016
  • #2
Why not drive the 2000 Lincoln Continental? I have owned one. Nice car.
 
S

Stang/1996

New Member
Mar 6, 2016
4
0
1
Sep 4, 2016
#3
  • Sep 4, 2016
  • #3
The car is junk. Motor is still good.
 

wmburns

SN Certified Technician
Aug 14, 2009
5,892
514
204
Houston Texas
Sep 5, 2016
#4
  • Sep 5, 2016
  • #4
Are you wanting to put the DOHC heads on the 1996?
 
S

Stang/1996

New Member
Mar 6, 2016
4
0
1
Sep 5, 2016
#5
  • Sep 5, 2016
  • #5
That is about all I could do right?
 

wmburns

SN Certified Technician
Aug 14, 2009
5,892
514
204
Houston Texas
Sep 5, 2016
#6
  • Sep 5, 2016
  • #6
Just wondering. How much are you going to pay for this car?

Have you ever done a head job on a modular motor before?

Instead why don't you consider getting the motor from a Mark 8 or Lincoln Aviator and use the whole motor. Seems like a better use of the $$. I suspect that the any difference saved by going Continental will be eaten up by the cost of the cylinder head changing kit and the new timing parts needed.

This hasn't even started with finding a DOHC front timing cover, intake manifold, and exhaust manifold.

Do you have a budget? Will you be doing the work yourself?
 
S

Stang/1996

New Member
Mar 6, 2016
4
0
1
Sep 5, 2016
#7
  • Sep 5, 2016
  • #7
Thank you all for your help. I will be doing the work myself but for $650 for the motor it isn't worth it. I think I'm better off getting a complete motor like you said. It will be cheaper in the long run for myself. The budget doesn't bother me so much as to being realistic with the money.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Need help ordering a oil cooler and filter relocation kit but don't know what I need
  • Aiden Brown
  • Aug 22, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
79
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sep 14, 2026
squeak93
T
Need help with 302 swap
  • thxmxrgx
  • Sep 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
177
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 24, 2026
thxmxrgx
T
I
Engine Help requested in identifying how to resolve engine light issue
  • Ianslaney
  • Sunday at 2:23 PM
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
62
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sunday at 2:40 PM
Bullitt347
Supercharger and What else do I need? 1990 Saleen Vert 5spd
  • AlbertaGolfer68
  • Aug 18, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
588
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
General karthief
S
Speedometer Calibration
  • Sonny Bibb
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
4
Views
171
Digital Self-tuning Forum Sep 13, 2026
Sonny Bibb
S
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?