Need Help/Advice Please

67GTFastback

Founding Member
Dec 14, 2001
Calgary, Alberta
I moved back to my home town of Calgary, Alberta after a 3 year stay in St. Louis, MO. I made a friend there (really, I did) in the classic Mustang interest who is a mechanic. I knew him for most of my 3 years in STL, and he helped me very often with my 67 fastback and I assisted him with various projects including rebuilding 4 speed toploaders for him and selling them for him. Anyway, I made a deal with him to rebuild me a 9" rear end with 3.25 gears and traction loc. In the deal, I gave him my engine hoist and a computer. Anyway, as I was going to pick up my rear dif, he said it wasn't ready. I was packing up and leaving for Calgary the next day. He said that since it wasn't complete he would ship it to me. I have contacted him periodically over the last 15 months since returning to Calgary and still have yet to see my rear dif. I have since sold the fastback but I do not want him to know that so he won't think I don't need it or want it...whatever he might do to justify it. I have been trying him over the last couple of weeks and I know he has moved. I only have his cell number and it is never on.

Any body have any suggestions on what I can do to get this rear dif? I obviously do not want to fly down there to pick it up as I could buy one cheaper than a plane ticket, but I really want what is owed to me. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)