Need Help ASAP

Red_Stang10

Apr 30, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Im new here. So please be gentle!

Anyways, i just bought a 2010 mustang gt. I know i just missed the coyote!! But t has 47k miles and i love it..
So recently i was sitting at a drive thru and notice and different tone in my passenger side exhaust. Just didnt sound normal. I put it in gear and pulled forward. The car was real shaky and acted like it didnt want to go. I figure it might have been me out of practice with the clutch. But when i pulled off it didnt do it. But as i drove a my CEL came on. I pulled the codes and got a misfire in cylinder 2 and the “keep alive memory” fault. (Sorry i dont have reference numbers) The KAM code freaked me out so i took it to ford. They claimed in originated from a cold start issue? But then said i had a decrease of 15% compression in cylinder 2. They charge me $600 to spray some cleaner in the throttle body and hold the rpm at 2000.‍♂️ But the problem still exist!! It comes and goes. I mostly notice it after this shaky take off. And that off exhaust sound...
ANY IDEAS!!!???

• Sponsors (?)

I hope they didn't really charge you $600.00 to spray carb cleaner in the intake. If that's the case nobody should ever service their car at that particular dealership. Who pulled codes for you? You got codes then you said you took it to Ford. Details of your concern are missing. If you can't post all codes etc.... we can't be much help

I hope they didn't really charge you $600.00 to spray carb cleaner in the intake. If that's the case nobody should ever service their car at that particular dealership. Who pulled codes for you? You got codes then you said you took it to Ford. Details of your concern are missing. If you can't post all codes etc.... we can't be much help
P0302 and P1633 were the two codes i pulled from a OBD 2 scan tool.
I replaced the spark plug and coil for that cylinder. Still has issue.
Ford said i had a compression decrease in cylinder 2. Idk how far that goes to say is truthful considering how they tried to fix it. And charging me like hell. But im meeting with manager in morning to get a refund. But lets not talk about the shop.

Swap a fuel injector from one cylinder to next and see if misfire moves. Its not unheard of 3 valves to loos cam followers and leave valves slightly open casuing a copmpression concern but I've never seen that condition on cylinder 2 and never seen it at such low mileage.

Is there a video or picture of a good to bad cam follower?? I just want to make sure i know what im looking at. Im mechanically inclined, im just unfamiliar with components and parts. Also my car runs fine for a little while then it get rough. It goes back and fourth. The exhaust sound changes very slightly aswell, along with a 100rpm increase while idle. But it will smooth back out. It will run good if i step on it aswell. Idk if this helps but i figured id write it in.