need help, charging question

txgunrunner

Apr 29, 2005
houston, tx
ok my car wouldnt start the other day and when i looked at the battery sightglass it was red and not green, so i went and bought a new battery. jumped it and went to the track ( off and on about 4 times, no problem) the next morning it wouldnt start. jumped it again and took it to oreilys to have it checked, alt not charging. no big deal since i have a 3g alt at home. 3 days ago i disconnected the battery and took the alt off. today i put the new 3g in and had to jump it but once it was running the volt needle was higher than previous, slightly above midpoint. i took it for a spin about 10 minutes and when i get back home, i turn it off and try to start it and it wont start. did i not give it enough time to charge the battery or could something else be wrong. thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

ck all your grounds, if they don't make good contact, insufficient current flow won't allow the battery to charge...mine did the same thing when I cratered my batt... 4ga ground from engine to chassis hooked it right up

pretty good lookin' notch-where in Houston are you?