need help, charging question

txgunrunner

Apr 29, 2005
houston, tx
ok my car wouldnt start the other day and when i looked at the battery sightglass it was red and not green, so i went and bought a new battery. jumped it and went to the track ( off and on about 4 times, no problem) the next morning it wouldnt start. jumped it again and took it to oreilys to have it checked, alt not charging. no big deal since i have a 3g alt at home. 3 days ago i disconnected the battery and took the alt off. today i put the new 3g in and had to jump it but once it was running the volt needle was higher than previous, slightly above midpoint. i took it for a spin about 10 minutes and when i get back home, i turn it off and try to start it and it wont start. did i not give it enough time to charge the battery or could something else be wrong. thanks in advance.

ck all your grounds, if they don't make good contact, insufficient current flow won't allow the battery to charge...mine did the same thing when I cratered my batt... 4ga ground from engine to chassis hooked it right up

pretty good lookin' notch-where in Houston are you?