Need help, clutch, tranny, flywheel....

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
Ok well once again I think everything is going smooth with my build up and then I get kicked right in the berry's. Got my shortblock together with my new internals and crank tonight. Only problem is my new crank is an 8 bolt where my old one was a 6 bolt. I don't know what clutch or flywheel I need now. Especially when i need it to mate to a 96 T45 tranny. I'm sure I can buy a 96-98 Cobra clutch and flywheel to match the crank but will my tranny fit? What tranny did 96-98 Cobras have? Did they have a T45 like the GT's? I hope someone can help cause I'm really at my witts end here.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah. I would go ahead and get an cobra clutch 11". There are a couple of different companys out there that are carrying good clutchs. We are using a lot of Rams....(reasoning being they have an 1 year warranty on them and we can get them at a pretty good price). But some of the other ones that we use and also recomend is: Spec Stage 2-3, Centerforce DFX (Really good clutch), Mcleod makes a kit as well. Those are really the companys that we like using for power adder cars. The new Centerforce DFX Clutch's seem to be really good. Let me know if we can help...and I hope that helped out a little bit. Good luck....can't wait to see the numbers out of that thing...