• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

need help got 2 problems what is white smoke and a hung throttle

  • Thread starter Thread starter 65stang289
  • Start date Start date Feb 18, 2004
6

65stang289

New Member
Mar 5, 2003
922
0
0
Fort walton Beach FL.
Feb 18, 2004
#1
  • Feb 18, 2004
  • #1
Ok dont know if these are together or not but what does white smoke mean? One other thing is the other night a truck was playing with me for the fun of it. So we did a little take off at the light up to 30mph and when I let off the gas it was just stuck there. So I hit the gas 3 times hard because I thought it got hung up or some thing nope.
SO I pull up to the light and the car is at 1500 RPM's So I put it into park and then it shoots up too 2000 Rpm's So I was like a dragster at the light. So I drove about 2 more miles like that till I got to my buddys house who has 65 mustang with 400hp out of his 302. So we just turned down the idle to about 800 RPM and we went on our way. later that night I was stopped at a red light and all of a sudden it just went down to 500.
I got a cam but damn that thing sounded like I had a big ass lift.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Electrical Fuel Gauge...Help! What did I do or Didn't Do?
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
166
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 3, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
247
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 26, 2026
manicmechanic007
C
C4 trans help needed
  • CPH89LX
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
291
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 28, 2026
CPH89LX
C
F
86 notch NEED HELP!!!!
  • foxbody86
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
130
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 9, 2026
Noobz347
A
need help and advise
  • amps1956
  • Oct 14, 2025
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
16
Views
825
Other Auto Tech Oct 21, 2025
Mcmahst
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?