Fox Need Help Identifying A Part! 93 Foxbody.

James V

5 Year Member
Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
Recently bought a 93 foxbody notchback. I took everything out so I could paint the floor pans and also just to check over things. I noticed in the back over what I think is the wheel well there is a piece of metal that looks like a bracket above the right side but not on the left (refer to pics below). just want to know if I need to put a piece back on the left side and why would someone take it off anyway? Thanks for your help

20170226_103238.jpg
20170226_103241.jpg
20170226_103250.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I can't say for sure about a '93 model.

Here's my '83 coupe though, maybe someone else with a newer model could chime in. @TOOLOW91 ?

the best picture i have of that area is the center part of the crossbrace. It kind of looks like someone cut yours out for some reason?:scratch:
IMG_0465.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Cross brace was definitley cut out . I don't think it's a huge deal as it's really not thick at all .

It helps brace the car's quarterpanels/sail panels and roof from sideways movement, integral unitbody structure, like when your on an extremely bumpy road all the panels work together in unison, also helps in side impact to rear quarters.

I don't know why someone would cut it out, but it's probably not a huge problem either. The hatchbacks don't have that brace and they seem to be fine without it and there is less structure in the rear on them in general.

Any time I have seen one cut out, they did it to fit a speaker box in that wouldn't fit through the trunk opening.