**need Help** Mach 1 Shaker On 2001 Gt

Adendo

Oct 30, 2013
Hey guys, I need some help with a future project I'm planning on my 2001 GT.
I am wanting to attach a mach 1 shaker to my stock 2v engine. However, the 03-04 mach 1 of course as you all know had a 4v DOHC 4.6 liter in it.

The problem is that the brackets for the shaker will not fit on a stock 99-04 mustang GT. Many companies and people used to make a custom bracket for the shaker to fit on a GT/Bullitt. However, that was 2-3 years ago and the companies that were making them have gone outta business and the people that custom made them are no longer making them. So basically, I will have to figure out a way to fabricate my own brackets. I have been searching the Internet for the last 2 days and have only found pictures of one person who did it but he included no measurements of the fabricated parts. But I know that many other mustang GT/Bullitt owners have been able to make their own and fit a mach 1 shaker on their ponies.

If any of you could send me pictures of their brackets and some measurements that would be great, or even if they know of someone still making the brackets that would be a lifesaver.

Problem #2: I am having trouble finding parts.

I have searched the Internet again over the past 2 days and I am having trouble finding a COMPLETE Mach 1 shaker assembly with mach 1 brackets. What I mean by complete is: the shaker itself, the bracket it sits on, and the complete tubing all the way to where it connects to the air filter heat shield/air box.
If anyone knows where I can get on for a good price, you once again, would be a lifesaver.
This is the part that I need. image.jpg Also, possibly a mach 1 air box/air filter shield.

If you have a Mach 1 shaker installed on your 99-04 mustang GT/Bullitt or have a friend who does, then please help me.

**I do not want a CDC shaker. I want a OEM 03-04 Mach 1 shaker**

My original thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/343578-installing-mach-1-shaker-2001-mustang-gt.html

• Sponsors (?)

The reason I don't want a CDC is because the black hood appliqué looks really dumb in my opinion. I want to be able to have a mach 1 hood on my mustang and I can also use a JLT cold air intake with the mach 1 shaker, unlike the CDC.

You know that the shaker hood is just appearance, right? It actually draws air from the hood, as well as the engine bay. In that, case, just get a good CAI, and do what you want with the hood for appearances.

You know that the shaker hood is just appearance, right? It actually draws air from the hood, as well as the engine bay. In that, case, just get a good CAI, and do what you want with the hood for appearances.
Here is what I'm doing. I'm going from a bone stock mustang gt, and I'm getting a ram air CAI that has an opening for a Mach 1 shaker and I'm also gonna add the shaker to it.
It really is about appearance also. The shaker just looks downright bad ass in my opinion.
In time I may even make the shaker non-functioning and just have it there for looks. I also heard that the Mach 1 hood lets the engine stay a lot cooler because the heat can escape through the hole in the hood.