Need Help On How To Bypass The Nss

It's actually the NGS. Nuetral Gear start circuit.

It's wired in parallel between the clutch pedal switch, and the sensor on top of the t-5. Only one has to be closed to tell the ECU you are in neutral, which will affect idle strategy.

To bypass it, just take the plug off the clutch switch, and stick a 5A blade fuse in there. This tells the ECU you are always in neutral and prevents some idle issues such as hanging idle. as well as the ability to run codes.

BTW, if you are doing this only to allow you to continue reading codes, just run the test with the clutch pedal pressed in the entire time.

You'll want to either connect up the NGS on the T-5 or, bypass it with the fuse to prevent hanging idle issues. What's the reason it's not connected on the t5? AOD-to-T5 swap?
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread here, but I am having a hard time diagnosing my issue with a code 67.
Here you are saying that EITHER transmission has to be in neutral, OR clutch pushed in.
However, I am getting a code 67 even with clutch pressed, and my A/C is deleted.
I even tried sticking a fuse in the clutch switch to bypass, and it still gave me code 67?
What could be the possible causes of this?

• Sponsors (?)

Is the wiring on your car original? Or has it been changed or damages in anyway?

The clutch switch and trans are wired in parallel

(this wiring diagram is for an 88)

1655917452560.png

SO next step would be to check the wiring and test continuity and look for breaks. For a manual trans car, the clutch or trans switch will connect pin 30 on the ECU to sensor ground (pin 46)

If this car is an auto the wiring is different
Thanks for the response!
Could we please move discussion to this thread I started?

I could really use some help with this one!