Need help with buying '08 GT

stumpjumperpro

Jan 5, 2008
Hello all,
I have been searching for a few weeks and have finally found 2 08 GTs. One in alloy metallic and one in Vapor silver that fit my price range. I need advice on a few things.

1. The alloy has cloth interior, vapor has leather. I personally think the cloth is a bit more comfortable, but I like the look of the leather. Do any of you know of any problems with the cloth?

2. I get XPlan pricing. Price for the alloy is $26,404.46 (5sp, 18" chrome wheels, not much more). The vapor is $26,151.85 (5sp, interior trim, leather, 17" wheels). There is also a $1500 rebate from Ford. The dealer only has $125 for fees, but about $200 to go get the car at another dealer. Both cars are close to the invoice price according to the sheet I saw. Do I have room to bargain any more? I asked about getting the FRPP suspension package installed. They said it would be $1950 installed and aligned. I am sure their cost is lower. Could I bargain with getting this installed to seal the deal?

I realize it is a little vague without knowing all the options for the cars, I apologize. I have bought several cars in the past without doing much research. This is a second car for me (not including the wife's minivan) so I am trying to get it as low as possible on the monthly payment. The two I have been working with have been super nice and have worked with me several days in a row looking for the cars.

Thanks,
Jeremy

• Sponsors (?)

It never hurts to ask.. just go do it, the least that they'll say is no. Probably will say no because their impression of you is stamped with *sucker*

When you ask, be strong about it.

If they still say no. don't give up. take the frpp price, and cut it in half. then push for 1k$ off.
if they still say no.. just walk away to another dealer.. there are Hundreds around.
You know a dealer can build an 08' model for you for the exact same price as one you'll find on a lot. You'll just have to wait X-X weeks for delievery.

if they have to buy it at another dealer, and the other dealer wont swap something in return..then your dealer only has about $400 gross after clean and gas..if the car was on thier lot or if the other dealer would swap something in return, then they would keep the holdback(3% of msrp) as gross + the x plan dealer commision of about $480..They are going to gouge u on the frpp packege if you have themdo it..hope this helps..

The cloth gets dirty very easily. Dirt, dust, body oil, etc... They all get trapped in the cloth. Leather will give you a better resale value, too. While leather may age and get wrinkled, wrinkled leather looks a lot better than stained cloth.

I don't think the dealer is allowed to charge fees when purchasing via X-plan. The fee is built into the price. Fees associated with getting the car from another dealer is a whole different story though. If you want the car from the other dealer, why not deal directly with them?

EDIT: Just read the paperwork - dealers can charge UP TO $75 unless state or local law caps it at a lower number.

Thanks for the info guys. I am dealing with a local dealer since the other dealers with the cars I want are hundreds of miles away. Makes it harder to do for me, but not impossible. I am going to call one of them today, as they are open on Sunday.