Fox Need help with front alignment

Hey guys I recently re did my front end. New springs struts bushings all around tie rods etc. My car has 5 lug spindles from a 98 I believe. They're were on there when I bought it. I recently added maximum motorsports cc plates. I'm doing my own alignment with a camber tool. I got my driver's side with ease at negative 1.5 camber. Passenger side I barely got 1 deg negative camber. My plates are all the way in towards the motor. Everything is installed correctly I've checked the mm instructions multiple times. Now that I got 1 degree in of with that however the strut is right up against the shock tower opening. Like rubbing on it. Idk how any other way to get it away from there without losing my camber and caster. Any ideas ?

• Sponsors (?)

Loose the two strut to spindle bolts. You’ll find you have a few degrees of movement in and out here.

push the strut inwards, which will buy you a degree of camber, and tighten. Now see where you are on the c/c plates.

I had a similar issue on my 94 Cobra clone. I fixed it with an adjustable camber bolt on each side; replace the top bolt where the shock attaches to the spindle, and adjust it out the maximum amount. That's all I needed to get my camber back in line and I have no problems getting a front alignment within specs. Had them in for more than a decade now, no issues.

There are plenty of these adjustable camber bolts available, just search Google for 'camber bolt mustang'.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Something's gotta be off. I have the same MM caster/camber plates and can easily dial in 1 degree or more of camber with the struts pulled out at the knuckle joint (giving extra rim to strut clearance). You shouldn't have to slot anything.

Do yo have some pics? It's possible the MM plates are installed upside down.

A outlier answer from experience-
Hitting a pot hole (that is filled with slush and in stealth mode) hard enough to bend a rim is also likely to bend a strut tower (or some other part like the subframe). A body shop pulled it back for not much. After a minor adjustment for alinement, it went straight down the road. The steel wheel was cheaper to replace than try to bend back correctly.